Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thank Goodness for the Gift of Medicine





KortLyn got tubes put in her ears and is now loving life. When we had her I said to Dr. Huff "will you please just put tubes in her ears before we leave the hospital?" He just laughed and said "if I could I would, but maybe this time around will be different." Well the good luck lasted for almost a year and then there we were in the hospital getting the dang things. One good thing is that they may be a little groggy from the surgery but after they come out of it they are so much happier than they were before they had them done. Our first 3 girls all had tubes put in their ears and I guess KortLyn didn't want to feel left out. Things went really good and I am so thankful for them so that I can have my happy healthy baby back. She was such a trooper. We also took her bottle away from her the same day as her surgery and she did so good - no problems with it and she didn't miss it for one second. I kept telling Randy that I was going to take it from her as soon as we ran out of formula, which convenently happened to land on the same day as her surgery. Randy kept saying "I will believe it when I see it." Well I did it and proved him wrong. I guess I have more faith in her than he does. :) Love ya baby girl!

1 comment:

Trev & Hayden said...

Yeah, I'm so happy for all of you! I love the little gown they have her in. I've never seen one of them for little kids! Cute.